RICHARD VAN HOUTEN
A real estate advisor with over 38 years of experience in corporate real estate, working in house for some of the largest national owners and developers of real estate, including Trammell Crow Company, Lincoln Property Company, (SJP), National Realty & Development and Mountain Development Corp. His responsibilities ranged from the sourcing and acquisition of development and investment opportunities, to completing the feasibility analysis and underwriting the project through managing the marketing and sale or lease up of the projects. He led the lease up of large blocks of space in contracted time frames in many Class A Office developments and Industrial/Flex parks, significantly increasing the value of these investments. He has been involved with over 25,000,000 square feet of transactions, project management and development. His experience as a Senior level Project Manager and Broker with CBRE/KOLL included representing J.P. Morgan Chase, Morgan Stanley, Starwood Financial, Bank of America, Citibank, Pfizer, Pearson and Quest Diagnostics.
GLOBAL REAL ESTATE STRATEGIES
DEVELOPMENT AND INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITIES
We are a Principal with Global Real Estate Strategies, that is a Real Estate Investment and Development Manager with a focus on Core-Plus, Value-Add and Opportunistic Development and Investment opportunities. The principals have an average of over 30 years of senior level experience with the largest national firms, representing over 40 MSF of commercial and residential development, project management and transactions. From acquisition through disposition, our team’s in-house integrated expertise with zoning and entitlements, construction, marketing, leasing, financing and capital structures, delivers exceptional returns.
Our corporate philosophy is ”Smarter Wins”. This initiative drives our focus to maximize returns by efficiently managing the entire real estate development and investment process. Our depth of relationships provides unique access to the sourcing of “off market” deals and partnerships.
We utilize cutting-edge AI driven research to quickly uncover and underwrite these opportunities, in the highest growth markets. The advantage to the Investor/Partner is that we leverage our experience and relationships to deliver seamless results for the most challenging projects. Our “Cycle Tested” experience enables us to laser focus on delivering accurate budgets and schedules, and DRIVE the project through completion, achieving the projected goals.
PRODUCT TYPES & VEHICLES FOR GROWTH
- Mixed Use
- Multi-Family- Low rise suburban to high rise urban including lease or sale
- Retail & Office in specific micro markets with unique upside growth
- Distribution – E Commerce driven last mile facilities
- Ground Up Development through challenging entitlements and achieving approvals
- Land evaluation utilizing due diligence to create tax deferral and other tax incentivized transactions that can range from mineral rights to land conservation easements
- Micro apartments
- Senior housing and Senior care related facilities
- University Centric Development and Student Housing
- Distressed Debt Fund focused on failed projects
- Fund to purchase hazard damaged and environmentally challenged properties from banks
- Opportunity Zone developments across multiple product types
- Strong growth fundamentals
- Utilize AI driven tools to target markets and product types and quickly underwrite them
- Demographic driven and supported
- High barrier-to-entry markets for specific product types
- Physical, operational or financial improvement that can be addressed through active management
- Opportunity to reposition assets by renovating existing structure, re-branding asset and driving rental rates
- Significantly increase rental rates by leveraging superior leasing knowledge
Van Houten Group LLC
Copyright © 2020 Van Houten Group LLC - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by GoDaddy Website Builder